[Update: I’ve now made the files available for download. Right click and then choose “save as.”]

advent-songsI’m grateful for our friends at Sojourn Music, who have given me permission to post two songs for free from their album Advent Songs.

Joy to the World:

(Download the MP3)

Hosanna in the Highest:

(Download the MP3)

I’ve been listening over and over to their version of “Joy to the World” in particular. Putting the old words to a new tune has helped me worship afresh.

If you’re now familiar with Sojourn Music, here’s a brief description:

New songs for modern missional worship, rich in Christian teaching and contextualized in modern culture.

Contemporary hymns, psalms, songs of lament and praise written by members of the Louisville, KY-based Sojourn Community.

Here’s a list of all the tracks on this album:

1. Joy to the World
  2. Glory Be
  3. God is With Us
  4. O Come, O Come Emmanuel
  5. What Child Is This?
  6. O Come All Ye Faithful
  7. Amen, Amen
  8. Hosanna in the Highest

You can see their other albums here.

Here’s a way to get the whole album for free:

Comments:

18 thoughts on “Two Free Christmas Songs from Sojourn Music”

1. Another brilliant album from Sojourn. Super thankful to God, Sojourn and JT for the samples. These songs make every cell, pore and follicle in my body rise up and worship. I don’t mean to sound flowery or obnoxious; it’s just the only way I can describe what this music does to me! Thanks again. I’m definitely going to buy this album.

2. Katherine says:

awesome songs!!!
    how do i download them?

3. Yeah they’re great. Was pleased you alerted me to them a year or so back…have since bought a few of their albums. Over the Grave is also excellent, though the advent album is still my favourite, purely because of the content of the songs.

4. Michael says:

Interesting listen. It was nice of them to allow you to post them like that so others could hear!
    I do rather cringe, though, at the title of your post. It seems a bit like ‘bait and switch’ to say that they are free songs and not really have them available to download…
    Anyway, I enjoy your blog – Merry Christmas!

1. Justin Taylor says:

Sorry—didn’t meant to “bait & switch.” I’m more technologically inept than you might imagine, so I’m trying to figure out how to make them available for download. Stay tuned (no pun intended).

JT

5. Bobby Gilles says:

Hi everyone, this is Bobby Gilles from Sojourn. Thanks so much to Justin for the kind props.

If anyone wants to download the album, we’ve put it on Noisetrade.com. Noisetrade allows you to download digital albums for free (by recommending them to five friends) or for whatever price you want to pay. You can check out that option here:

On the widget, just click either “Tell 5 friends” or “Pay what you want.”

6. Z. J. Kendall says:

They had 8 songs from that album free sometime. I don’t remember when, I but have them… =]
    Good stuff.

7. This album is amazing. Don’t miss out.

8. Anja L says:

Justin,

The two ‘Download the MP3′-buttons are linked to the Joy to the World-file. Could you change that so that it is possible to download the Hosanna in the Highest-song too? Thanks.

1. Justin Taylor says:

Yep; changed. Sorry!

2. Joel Hendley says:

Justin, you’ll need to change the file name of the Hosanna in the Highest song to be 08-Hosanna-In-The-Highest.mp3, not 01-Hosanna-In-The-Highest.mp3. Thanks!

1. Justin Taylor says:

Thanks; fixed. My technological incompetence knows no bounds!

1. Rachael Starke says:

Justin, brother, believe me, you’re so far ahead of us, technically and otherwise, that I’m thankful for this momentary lapse into humanness just to demonstrate that you’re mortal. :)

9. John Floyd says:

For us Mac users, how can these be downloaded? I am only able to play these (as well as the others available on the site) And yes, my tech skills are limited as shown by this post. Help please.

Justin Taylor photo