Comments:

13 thoughts on “Q&A with Piper and Inmates at Angola Prison”

1. Tony Romano says:

Justin, thanks so much for this. This was awesome. Thank you.

2. mike brown says:

Thank you very much for posting this. Great questions from the audience and many thoughtful answers from Dr. Piper.

3. Matt says:

One of the reformed doctrines which is probably the most difficult to get a true blooded Arminian to believe in Perseverance of the Saints. I grew up Pentecostal, and I am sure many of these prisiners have been influenced by Pentecostal soteriology. For me, the most difficult part of reformed theology was not even Limited Atonement or Election, but Perseverance becuase it was so engrained in me that you could loose your salvation by what you did. And I had to relearn all of the great warning Bible versus about falling away and reconcile them with the verses about our hope being sure and luckily Rom. 8 was the nail in the coffin, specifically the golden chain where paul writes repeatedly “and those whom he” “he also” meaning if you are one whom he “justifies” you will also be “glorified”. The warning versus are so that the elect will persevere, not so that the elect will fall away and be lost which is impossible.

Great video and I loved the illustration in the end about Piper and his wife with the letter. If your studying good Biblical Reformed theology and are more academic than passionate about serving God you are missing the point.

1. Ken Stoll says:

so good to see. I’m with Matt.

4. Doug Halsne says:

It is clear that the Gospel is not “imprisoned.”

5. Tony says:

Good stuff!

6. Todd says:

Outstanding, thanks for sharing.

7. john sullivan says:

i love piper’s finger at 3:00 in. haha.

1. Wade Phillips says:

Even funnier with the sound turned down.

8. Wonderful question there.

9. The first one, that is.

10. Mike Corley says:

I am a native of Louisiana and Angola prison holds a special place in my heart, as I have had family who worked there for years and lived on the prison grounds. It also holds a place as to the thousands of lives that are effected by the prison and the circumstances that are involved. It blesses me to know that sound ministry has been presented to the men there and I thank Dr. Piper for investing himself into the lives of those inmates. Thank you Justin for sharing this video.

11. steve says:

I was introduce to ministry by visiting jails and prisons, though not now for some years. My heart yearns to return . . . “see that the fields are white for harvest.” Thank you so much for the post.

Justin Taylor photo