After writing yesterday’s post on God’s “regret” and then reading R.C. Sproul Jr. write poignantly about how he regrets not holding his wife’s hand more, I got to thinking about all the things we are likely not to regret when we get to the end of our days. We won’t regret playing hide and seek with our children.

We won’t regret turning off the t.v. and putting the phone away.

We won’t regret that one night (or week, or even season of life) we let the kids get happy meals just so they would be happy and we could survive.

We won’t regret singing the same hymns over and over until they became familiar enough to sing with the saints around a hospital bed.

We won’t regret the time we spent hiding the word in our hearts.

We won’t regret jumping in a pile of leaves every fall.

We won’t regret overlooking a lot of little things that bother us about our spouses.

We won’t regret kissing our spouse in front of the kids.

We won’t regret going to bed with a messy house if that meant we had time to chase the kids around in the backyard.

We won’t regret all the wasted time with friends.

We won’t regret laughing often and laughing loudly.

We won’t regret hugging our kids whenever they’ll let us.

We won’t regret the times the kids slept in our beds and the times in the middle of the night we had to carry them softly back to theirs.

We won’t regret being a little bit goofy.

We won’t regret asking for forgiveness, and we won’t regret forgiving those who ask.

We won’t regret dancing at weddings–fast and silly with our kids, slow and sweet with our spouse.

We won’t regret giving most people the benefit of the doubt.

We won’t regret commiting to a good church and sticking around.

We won’t regret learning to play the piano, read music, or sing in parts.

We won’t regret reading to our children.

We won’t regret time spent in prayer.

We won’t regret going on long road trips filled with frustrations, but full with memories.

We won’t regret letting our kids be kids.

We won’t regret walking with people through suffering.

We won’t regret trusting Jesus.

27 thoughts on “What We Won’t Regret”

1. a. says:

“We won’t regret singing the same hymns”
    or singing His praises, regardless of our circumstance

2. David Axberg says:

I won’t regret reading posts like this or RC Jr’s thanks and Amen and amen.

3. Caleb says:

I won’t regret +1-ing this on google

4. Brad Kirby says:

Yes. Needed this read. Thanks

5. Alvin Reid says:

Our children are grown and married. Our son is a student pastor, he and his wife a part of an established church; our daughter and her husband host a small group for their church plant. They all live in the RDU area. Monday I had lunch with Hannah; today I had lunch with Josh. Sunday night Michelle and I heard our son preach and took he and his wife to dinner. I will NEVER regret saying no to other things to have time to enjoy these times. Thanks for the reminder.

6. Jim Lee says:

A much needed reminder

7. Katie says:

Yes!! Except the last time I let my child sleep in my bed….he gave me lice :o(

8. anaquaduck says:

nice…surely God is good.

9. I lovе what you guys are up too. This sort of clever work and reporting!
    Keep up the good works guys I’ve incorpߋrated you
    guys to my own blogroll.

10. Paul Reed says:

“After writing yesterday’s post on God’s ‘regret’ …”

Could you imagine what Kevin would say about someone he deemed a theological liberal if they used quotation marks around a word found in scripture?

11. Thanks for reminding us to take time to enjoy each other in the midst of busy life/ministry in Nepal. We do not regret of being here in Kathmandu and following God wherever He leads us.

12. Robin says:

That is really fascinating, You’re an excessively skilled
    blogger. I have joined your rss feed and stay uup for iin quest of
    extra oof your great post. Additionally, I’ve shared your site in my social networks

my web-site small business (Robin)

13. Hurrah! At last I got a blog from where I be capable of truly get valuable data concerning my
    study and knowledge.

14. Hi, yup this article is truly nice and I have learned lot of things from it about blogging.

15. Again, a standalone desktop application would have been good exactly where you could
    just plug the device in, and it would inform you every little thing about
    it (firmware version, maps on device, map versions, etc.).
    Other Thoughts: You do get most recent map upgrades when you register,
    but to me its expected that anything you obtain need to have
    access to the most recent maps.

16. Beulah says:

I could not refrain frdom commenting. Exceptionally well written!

17. Elmo says:

Schenken Sie Ihrem Kind einen Wald-Abenteuer-Geburtstag!Anmeldeschluss: 10 Tage vor
    Veranstaltungsbeginn. Die neu überarbeitete Ausstellung zeigt historische Hintergründe und gibt Einblicke in die aktuelle Forschung,
    wie etwa das Sonarsystem der Fledermaus als Vorbild für moderne Einparkhilfen dienen kann.
    Trainer und Leih-Klettergurte.

18. methodist says:

I’m amazed, I must say. Seldom do I come across
    a blog that’s both equally educative and amusing, and without a doubt, you’ve hit the nail on the head.

The problem is an issue that not enough men and women are
    speaking intelligently about. Now i’m very happy I came across
    this during my search for something concerning this.

19. It’s remarkable to pay a visit this web site and reading the
    views of all mates on the topic of this paragraph, while I am also keen of getting knowledge.

20. Freddy says:

As the admin of this website is working, no hesitation very rapidly
    it will be renowned, due to its quality contents.

21. Within the outset it’s simple to see that Liberty Town is unrecognisable from the 1 you saw in Grand Theft Auto three back inside the 12 months 2001 – unrecognisable in superior methods only.
    First of all while you would hope the level of realism is
    far greater than any city within the Grand Theft Auto
    collection still, and Liberty City is now arguably
    quite possibly the most realistic sport surroundings ever
    designed – it matches the likes of Assassins Creed
    and Metallic Gear Stable four, otherwise surpasses them, with
    regard to sport environment realism.It’s a
    lot of fun playing this new GTA video game, regardless of whether you employ a wander
    through or not. The sport enjoy is not hard and actually clean. It is really uncomplicated to receive used to
    it, specifically should you perform the Grand Theft Auto 4 Personal computer variation. But you
    could also participate in it on other platforms at the same time certainly.

Rockstar did a tremendous job together with the San Andreas title, although the enthusiasts wherever waiting
    for this new a person, and they are pleased which they
    hold out that lengthy. A lot of people even experienced a short night
    of slumber, waiting at their nearby retail outlet to acquire a copy.
    Many of my good friends in which the main kinds
    to acquire a duplicate, and all they did was participating in the sport the initial days.

Within this match you’ll be able to participate in missions or simply just does one own thing and push trough the city.
    If you decide to do a mission be ready to discuss
    with a number of people and make use of their skills.
    New with this video game would be to make use
    of your cell cellphone and in some cases web to keep in contact along
    with your top-quality. Retain an in depth look at in your telephone for the reason that he
    can contact you also. It’s adopting the issues we utilize a
    good deal in serious lifetime, and that is superior I
    think. But aside from the ordinary points there are actually lots of prospects with all sorts of stuff.
    From high tech new detail to your old style matters.
    I was dissatisfied from the first GTA IV as it could never seem to make a decision on preposterous humor, or brutal realism, and experienced from countless complex flaws.
    I often seemed to die into a bug, as opposed to an genuine enemy.

Immediately after 30 or so invisible ramps flipping my motorbike conclude more
    than conclude, I found that the Lost along with the Damned suffered with the similar concerns.
    The Ballad of Homosexual Tony however seems extremely polished in this particular regard.
    Apart from the occasional texture not loading, each and every demise was a result of my own suck, which
    I had been happy for.In spite of these achievements
    and additions even though, GTA V is not a huge breakthrough for Rockstar.
    As a substitute, it’s an evolution of all their prior operate, all mixed into a person sandbox expertise
    on a substantial scale. But it’s a enjoyable route that the franchise
    has taken, kicking other genre video games off the throne that it
    aided develop. GTA 5 was published on both Playstation 3 250gb and Xbox 360 console in September 17, 2013 The online game is open earth video

To make sure you will have plenty of ammo, we’ve implented an ammunition cheat mod to GTA
    Online to win all combats with your team as well as on missions or even fights together with the officers!

Online game suggestions

22. The signals that this cameras get are delivered to
    go directly to the monitor that gives you use of it wherever you
    are, regardless which era of the morning.
    Most wireless surveillance cameras work by transmitting
    data by your camera to any video receiver from a radio
    signal. A person’s address, birth date, and also their ssn could be
    accessed by a skilled hacker.

Though it is one of the most efficient and value effective storage method, in addition,
    it leaves corporations susceptible to security breaches which may compromise that information. There can be a few apps which do this but has to be
    viewed on the same Wi-Fi network, which kind of defeats
    the reason, but IP Camera intended for $1.

It is irrelevant whether you believe this may be achieved,
    the purpose is to put a smile in your face right now (it’s up
    for your unconscious mind to take a look for approaches to bridge the gap).
    Acquiring a great skill set will help enable them more success and hopefully
    better income. Security camera you can watch from your phone nine –
    For students using English as Additional Language (EAL),
    one of the primary concerns is develop and improving their writing skills.
    You’re reminding the reader that you, mcdougal, know just what’s gonna happen understanding
    that this is, in fact, equally as story.

23. Study signifies that these tripeptide complexes could
    actually be in a position to regrow hair, during patients with total
    thinning hair due to alopecia. Biotin (B7) enhances insulin sensitivity and improves the utilization of blood glucose.
    Biotin mcg dosage A new hair growing through the same follicle replaces the
    lost hair.

Biotinidase Deficiency (BIO) an enzyme deficiency that triggers seizures, hearing difficulties and death in severe cases.

Vitamin B and also the protein will give the head of hair its smooth texture as
    well as the shine it needs.

Bring inside a sense of urgency using words that have more weight.
    The picture within your mind really needs to become moved
    to that of your respective reader. Biotin krebs cycle home;, Knowing
    these first before you’re posting a chapter work with you in writing
    a focused, well-organized, compelling book that speaks directly in your potential buyer.
    Many people are lazy to publish their term papers due to lack of great interest.

24. Useful info. Fortunate me I found your website unintentionally, and I’m shocked why
    this coincidence did not took place in advance!
    I bookmarked it.

25. They can inform you the typical value of the frames but not the contacts till they recognize
    just what you’ll need. In case you are working from home or at the workplace there is no distinction, your face remain at-risk and you should make an effort to discover a excellent pair that suits that person and design of function.