“Be strong, and let us use our strength for our people and for the cities of our God, and may the Lord do what seems good to him.”  1 Chronicles 19:13

My brother pastor, now that you have preached and led in worship, you are tired.  Good.  You laid it all down.  You stood strong in God’s grace, you used your strength for the people of your God.  You have done your part.  Way to go.

Now give it all to the Lord.  He will do with it what seems good to him.  And go take a nap.  Next Sunday will be here soon.

Comments:

8 thoughts on “After you preach”

1. Matt Ballard says:

just woke up from my nap…
    glad we are in the battle together, it brings me comfort to know you’ve got my flank in the foxhole to the west of me.
    press on, I’ve got your back

2. Petra says:

I will share this with our pastor. Thank you!

3. Mike Francis says:

Dr. Ortlund, your blog is the most consistently encouraging, heart-pursuing, Gospel-irradiated material I read on the web. Your labors and faithfulness are greatly appreciated. Thank you!

4. Mark Dickinson says:

Dr. Ortlund,
    As a pastor-in-training I want to add my voice to those who welcome and need you encouraging. I also heartily agree with your musical tastes! May God continue to bless your ministry in your church and on the web.

5. danny says:

My fellow Pastor, Thank you for tending to my soul. you have done your part. way to go…and go take a nap. “TOMORROW” will be here soon!

You are a blessing. come visit new england some time. we’ll feed you good, home-cooked Italian food and give you lots of love from the saints here…

6. Daniel Ferguson says:

Or “sister pastor”. Even if you don’t agree with it, they do still exist.

7. Except the day is only half done! Time to get ready for preaching tonight.