Good morning heavenly Father,
good morning Lord Jesus,
good morning Holy Spirit.

Heavenly Father, I worship you as the creator and sustainer of the universe.
Lord Jesus, I worship you, Savior and Lord of the world.
Holy Spirit, I worship you, sanctifier of the people of God.

Glory to the Father, and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.

Heavenly Father, I pray that I may live this day in your presence
and please you more and more.

Lord Jesus, I pray that this day I may take up my cross and follow you.

Holy Spirit, I pray that this day you will fill me with yourself and cause your fruit to ripen in my life:
love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

Holy, blessed and glorious Trinity, three persons in one God,
have mercy upon me. Amen.

- John Stott, quoted in Basic Christian: The Inside Story of John Stott

Comments:

7 thoughts on “John Stott's Morning Trinitarian Prayer”

1. Weston says:

What a wonderful, doxological prayer! Thanks for sharing. I read this out loud to my wife this morning just to share with her, but shortly after I began, my three-year-old son put his hands together and bowed his head until I finished reading. It was a cool moment for us.

2. Linda says:

Thank for sharing this! I want to make this my heart cry, always directing my prayer with joy and surrender!! Blessings!

3. Ryan Fishel says:

In our staff meetings we’ve been listening to an old series of sermons Stott did back in ’82. He mentioned this type of praying in a few of them. The series, if I could find it online, has the theme ‘daily’—daily mercy, daily prayer, daily repentance, etc. Worth check it if you can find them!

4. Ryan Fishel says:

OK, I just found them here: http://www.allsouls.org/Groups/139668/Resources/Sermons_and_Media/Sundays/E020_Day_by/E020_Day_by.aspx

99.2% sure he talks about it in Daily Renewal.

5. Janice sehgal says:

How can I find John Baillies prayer which was underneath John Stotts teinitarian praywr last week and the video of the Romanian choir which was easily accessible last weekend, please. Best wishes janice Sehgal

1. Trevin Wax says:

At the bottom of the home page, under the last post is an arrow pointing to “Previous Posts.” You can access previous posts that way.

Here is the link you requested. I’m not sure which prayer you were looking at, but you can see all prayers by clicking on the second link.