This 10-minute video clip explores the persecution of Christians under Ceausescu’s Romania. It includes video and audio from Richard Wurmbrand, Nicolae Moldoveanu, and more. We in the West would do well to learn from our brothers and sisters who have endured persecution for their faith.
Here are some lines from the latter part of the video that stand out:
- For you, it is not just a prison. It’s your parish.
- God will judge us not according to how much we endured, but how much we could love.
- “Lord, how can I thank you that I am among those being tortured and mocked and that because of your mercy, I was not among those who torture and mock!”
- “With every blow you give, a prayer rises to God so you may be forgiven.”
- Here is the greatest thing: when you see that the man torturing you is more afflicted than you who are being tortured.
- Without love, we are absolutely nothing.