Several weeks ago, we released a video for The Gospel Project Chronological that shows how the Bible points to Jesus, how “every story casts His shadow.” If you enjoyed that video, check out the new one our team made for kids. This is an overview of The Gospel Project Chronological for Kids. Take a few minutes to enjoy it! And if it moves you the way it does me, please share it and help us get the word out.

This is the heart behind The Gospel Project Chronological, which launches this Fall for groups of all ages. You can preview sessions here.

21 thoughts on “A 5-Minute Video Overview of the Whole Bible – For Kids”

1. minda villanueva says:

Its beautiful, well explained and its easy for the children to understand, will you be able to have this video translated in Tagalog too?

1. Lonnie Clemens says:

Hi Minda, I hope someone can effectively translate this video into Tagalog as well. If and when it happens, I would like to have a copy of it in Tagalog.

2. Sarah says:

FYI to anyone wondering, there are second commandment violations in this. Too bad. A lot of potential. Unfortunately, I can’t show this to my kids now.

1. Lauren says:

Could you explain the second commandment violations present? I’m not sure I understand.

1. Patrick says:

The second commandment tells us not to place other gods ahead of God… and I’m not seeing it… unless you’re interpreting the flashes of light in the second half of the video as God appearing in those forms. I don’t think that’s the intent.

If you have concerns about the video, you could might explain them a little more clearly so that we could understand.

1. Amy Moeck says:

The first commandment concerns who we worship (not placing other gods ahead of God), the second commandment concerns how to worship God, not making images of Him (which would include any persons of the Godhead). The authors of the Westminster Larger Catechism explain it more clearly than I can: “The sins forbidden in the second commandment are… the making any representation of God, of all or of any of the three persons, either inwardly in our mind, or outwardly in any kind of image or likeness of any creature whatsoever…” (WLC question 109, edited to explain not making images of God the Son.)

3. Really well done! My kids went, “Whoa!” when the pictures started scattering past the narrator when he began connecting the Old Testament stories to Jesus. They really liked it.

4. Greg Moses says:

Can I show this at our Easter children’s service?

5. Barb says:

Excellent! Kids of all ages should love it! Thank you and God bless you and your ministry!

6. Farooq Gill says:

Amazing, incredible, I am being blessed and will to share with my church and Sunday school children.

7. Kathy Stewart says:

This is awesome! Have you ever considered captioning this so Deaf people could learn from it as well?

8. Lonnie Clemens says:

Excellent video! Not just for children. It will be good for adults as well.

9. Latonya Young says:

I am truly amazed at this project. Sitting here in tears knowing our youth so need the truth in this hour and signs of time.
    Great Job guys. Tyler Rock!

10. Robin Shifflett says:

Super video. Excellent in many ways. Only one mistake. Jesus was not born in a manger. They laid him in a manger after he was born. Otherwise it is very effective.

11. Robin says:

Love this! The message of the Bible is incredible – all kinds of stories that weave into one. Thank you for sharing the message in such an easy to understand way. Many adult Christians have never read the whole Bible and I think things like this fill in the gaps for them as well as children.

12. A McMahan says:

This is great but I think it could be better if the facet of Jesus in each story was shared with that story. It would exalt Him more than tagging it on at the end.

1. Allison says:

My church’s children’s ministry uses this curriculum, and each week, they always emphasize how that particular story always goes back to Jesus. This video is sort of a very quick summary of what is taught in months and months of curriculum. Even the pictures are used in the curriculum.

13. Caroline says:

Has this been translated to Spanish? If so, where would the link to that be?