Kindle Deal: Better: How Jesus Satisfies the Search for Meaning by Tim Chaddick. FREE.
Seven of the best articles I came across this week:
1. Ephraim Radner – Reaffirming Communion: An Affirmation of Hope. A good explanation of the Anglican Communion’s suspension of the Episcopal Church and what this means for the global fellowship of churches.
2. Christianity Today – Jerry Falwell, Jr. Praises Donald Trump: How Other Evangelicals Compare. Yes, ‘The Donald’ draws five times more admiration than Billy Graham. But polls of religiosity and leaders tell a different tale.
3. Derek Rishmawy – The Spirit of the Red Letters and Progressive Christianity. It’s not just the Red Letters v. the Black Letters. At this point, it appears we’ve got a Red Letters v. Red Letters situation. Or rather, a Red Letters v. “Spirit of the Red Letters as Read By Progressives At the Beginning of the 21st Century” situation.
4. Michael Kelley – 4 Cultural Characteristics that Make Discipleship an Uphill Battle. It’s important for us to recognize some of the factors that make this walk so arduous sometimes.
6. Molly Worthen on the rise of Christian study centers in leftist universities. Contrary to conservatives’ warnings about the oppressive secularism of the modern university, these students have taken advantage of their campuses’ multicultural marketplace of ideas. They have created a network of organizations and journals that engage non-Christian ideologies head-on.
7. Meet the New York Bachelors Who Yearn for Something More. Note the palpable longing for a story arc that will give life significance.