Kindle Deal: Finding Truth: 5 Principles for Unmasking Atheism, Secularism, and Other God Substitutes. by Nancy Pearcey. $3.99.
Seven of the best articles I came across this week:
1. The New Yorker – Last Days: Preparing for the Apocalypse in San Bernadino. The story of the terrorists, and the Messianic Jew they killed.
2. Joel Miller – Why Fear Spreads So Rapidly Online. Yes, life is scary. No, it’s not time to panic.
3. Michael Kelley – 3 Reasons to Stay in a Church that’s Not Cool Enough. Michael advocates the counter-cultural thing of actually staying in the church that’s “not cool.”
4. Robert Hart – The Little Jesus Who Would. The temptation to cut Christ down to whatever size and shape we want.
5. Bethany Jenkins – The Power of Saying Yes. Why shouldn’t Christians be the most helpful people in the workplace?
6. Utpal Dholakia – Brands are Behaving Like Organized Religions. Savvy marketers have figured out that they can use some of the same basic principles to connect with their customers – and that brands have taken on such importance to consumers.
7. Jamie Hughes – Status Update: Still Struggling. Adoption is a good thing, kids are cute, but let’s be real: This mess is hard.