Kindle Deal: Who is This Man? The Unpredictable Impact of the Inescapable Jesus by John Ortberg. $2.99.
Seven of the best articles I came across this week:
1. The Message of Islam vs. the Gospel of Jesus. The differences are real, and they are significant.
2. Derek Rishmawy – 3 Mistakes to Avoid in Good Friday Preaching. Don’t pit the Father against the Son, don’t miss the love, and don’t limit the cross’s effect.
3. Nathan Finn – Baptists and the Benedict Option in American Babylon. An important contribution to the ongoing conversation about the Benedict Option – this, from a Baptist perspective.
4. Voddie Baucham – 3 Reasons You Need Expository Apologetics. Defending the faith is not just a path to evangelism anymore. Christians need apologetics, too.
5. Nabeel Qureshi in USA Today – The Quran’s Deadly Role in Inspiring Belgian Slaughter. Western recruits for jihad are inspired by the literal interpretation of Muslim sacred texts.
6. Gail Collins – What’s My Column About? It’s About 800 Words. Funny, enlightening “behind-the-scenes” look for a New York Times columnist.
7. The Enormous Power of the Unconscious Brain. Many implications here for education, discipleship, and the power of habit.